Monday, March 2, 2009

Meeting Erica May!

This past weekend my friend Nichole took me for a home town visit to Kansas City; Lenexa to be more specific. What a weekend it was! Nichole has become one of my best friends through the past year or so, and it was so nice to meet her family and friends and see where she grew up. Between the road trip there, the amazing food her dad cooked, some extreme bowling and of course the great KC shopping, we definitely had an amazing weekend! Even though I'm still trying to catch up on some sleep. :)

But for the highlight of my weekend, I finally got to meet Erica May Short from Erica May Photography! I've known and heard all about Erica ever since I started assisting Chris at La Brisa Photography. Erica emailed me shortly after I started helping Chris, introducing herself and giving me some great tips and words of encouragement. Since then we have exchanged several emails but never had the chance to actually meet. So after I found out I would be in KC, I asked her if we could get together and meet so I could ask her a million photography questions. And of course, she said yes because she is just that nice!

We met for some lunch and then headed to her house for some more conversation. All I can say is that not only is she an amazing photographer, but she's an even more amazing person! Erica shared so much about her photography, goals and life. It's amazing how much I learned from her in a few short hours. She was so encouraging to me. I've never been so confident that I can actually do this. So thank you Erica! You were awesome and I can't wait for some more meeting times and possibly a few weddings together! :)

Click here to see what she did in just 5 minutes with me. :)

Thanks again Erica! And thank you Nichole for showing me around your hometown! We will have to plan a trip to Sharon Springs America soon!! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are too sweet! :) it was so great hanging out. i'm here to help if you ever need anything in the future! :)

Anonymous said...

I saw your link from Erica's sight, and I couldn't agree with you more. I'm way out here in CT, and had seen Erica's work. I emailed her with a few questions to help this beginner, and we've struck up a long-distance friendship/helpline since. She's one amazing girl. I would love to meet her someday. All the best as you begin in this amazing adventure!
-Betsy Jo

Unknown said...

LOVE the pics Erica took of you. She totally captured your personality. Not that it's all THAT hard to get great pictures of you, Sarah - you're gorgeous!!! ;) Glad you had a nice time in KC!

Jamie A. said...

Sarah - Those pictures of you are gorgeous!

T Just said...

those are great photos sarah!
todd