I know I haven't posted much lately, but I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!
It's amazing to think about everything that's happen this year and even crazier to think about what's happened this past decade. I was 13 years old at the start of this past decade and a bratty junior high girl. Today I'm packing/moving to start my first real job this coming week. What an incredible long way I've come. My ten year plan at that time was to finish high school and get married and stay in Sharon Springs. Somehow that did not work out, and I've never been so thankful it didn't! God had a bigger and better plan for me, and I couldn't be more thankful for the people and situations he's blessed me with.
I'm so excited to start this new year and decade with a fresh new start. My new job, new house, new town, new car, and new attitude! I'm going to leave you with the top 10 things that stick out to me and my life this past decade:
(In no particular order)
1. 9/11/01 - a day I will never forget.
2. Graduating College and becoming a teacher.
3. Sports: Colorado Avalanche win Stanley Cup in 2001, Jimmie Johnson win 4 straight cup titles, and the Rockies win 14 straight games to make playoffs and eventually play in the World Series.
4. My photography
5. My 1 year old cousin who passed away and the strength of his parents to rise above it because of their never ending faith in God.
6. The support of my family to encourage me and believe in me even when I didn't believe in myself.
7. The amazing friends I've made and their support.
8. The growth of my relationship with Jesus Christ.
9. My two nieces and nephew. They bring so much joy to my life! :)
10. All of the weddings I've attended! Between my family and close friends, I counted over 30 weddings I've witnessed and been to. I can't wait for the many more there are to come! (possibly 5 more this year!!!)
What are the things you will remember from the past decade? Anyone have new years resolutions?
Good luck in this next year and God Bless!!!
52WoA: Week 39 - Stars
10 hours ago