Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Photography

To make a long story short, I have recently started pursuing my dream of becoming a photographer, and I owe a HUGE THANK YOU to Chris Hsieh at La Brisa Photography for helping me get started! He has allowed me to follow him around on several occasions including a wedding! He even trusts me with his camera and lets me take pictures at every event! It's not often enough that you run across genuine people like him! If you get a chance, check out his website and blog to take a look at his talent!

This past weekend he let me take his camera and practice with it. I ended up taking some pictures of a friend for her college senior pictures and finished with a few good ones. I'm a work-in-progress and hopefully will get better with time and experience! I plan on shadowing Chris and learning as much possible within the next 9 months before him and his wife move. Thanks Chris! And thanks Amanda for referring me to him! My goal is to start my own photography business this January, and specialize in weddings and special events. This will hopefully allow me to be a full time teacher as well as a photographer.

Here's a couple of the good ones I got this weekend. And yes, unfortunately, she's a big KU fan...:(




5 comments:

Unknown said...

:) Looks good, Sarah - great photo quality! You're well on your way...

La Brisa Photography said...

You rock Sarah! Such a natural already! All we need to do is get you a camera and you'll be taking away all of my clients!!! :)

Unknown said...

Good job! Hey, if you need to practice Brenden and I could be great "guinea pigs". We usually try to get some pictures of the two of us for Christmas cards, but they are never very good...maybe you could get a good one!

Sarah Jeanne said...

thanks friends!! and Andrea, I would love to take yours and brendens pictures!!! :)

SharinaMarie87 said...

Pretty sure you were the one to tell me to bring a KU shirt ;)