Thursday, August 21, 2008

Finally!

With some encouragement from a couple of friends (Thanks Andrea and Chris) I've decided to enter the world of blogging! For my first post I couldn't decide what to write about, so I decided to just fill you in on my very busy life and what's been going this summer and what's to come for the future!
  • One word to sum up my summer....WEDDINGS...It has been a very busy summer and the main part was spent going to all my friends and family weddings! Every one of them was unique and special to me in some way and just a great encouragement for me. I ended up attending 6 of them and missed 3.
  • Vacation to Colorado...3 times! I was in two weddings in Grand Junction and went to Denver with my family for a long weekend.
  • Visited my best friend Stephanie for 3 days. I took her to her first Rockies game, which she loved, and we did some shopping and lots of eating!
  • While I was in Grand Junction for a week, I went to the JuCo World Series. What a perfect way to start the summer....baseball everyday with family:)
  • Welcomed my brother, sister-in-law, 2 nieces, and nephew back to Kansas with several trips up to Colby to see them! My niece Tessa is now 4 1/2, Caleb is almost 3, and Cheyanne, my new little niece, will be 4 months! I never could've imagined how great and rewarding being an aunt is!
  • Survived a tornado! It missed the house I was staying at by one block!!
  • Celebrated my dad's 50th birthday with 3 parties!
  • Spent some genuine time with my mom and sister shopping and eating!
  • Went to the Wallace County Free Fair and all of its festivities:)
  • Spent some time in McPherson with Jonathan and Caitlan, Hill City with Morgan, Jordan, Eli, and Gunner, Salina with Thomas and Elane and Andrea and Brenden, and Wichita with Andrea and Billy.
  • Throw in school, work, softball, sand volleyball, bible study, family, friends, and watching the Olympics and I had one busy, but awesome, summer break!

Coming up....

  • Another baseball game! Go Royals!
  • Finishing and posting my 101 in 1001 list!
  • School starts the 25th...BOO!! Block 1 (9 hours) plus another 8 hours on top of that:(
  • K-State Football games!
  • Essie's 18th birthday...how sad!
  • Purchase of my first camera to start my journey of becoming a photographer! More to come on this subject!!!!:)
  • Start the search for Grad school...

Hope everyone is doing great! I will post some pictures of my summer soon!! If you're ever in Manhattan give me call!

1 comment:

La Brisa Photography said...

Welcome to the fun world of blogging! You're on your way!!!